Your child(ren) can learn about their faith at home. Home study is an effective way to pass along your relationship with Jesus to your children for two reasons. First, they’re receiving personalized, one-on-one attention. Second, they’re learning from the most important person in their lives…YOU!
The Home Study program at St. Elizabeth Seton is divided by seasons (Fall, Winter, Spring). It employs the same books we use in class. Grades 1 and 3-6 cover the basics of the faith, along with biblical literacy, while Grade 2 focuses on morality and the sacraments of Reconciliation and First Communion.
Basics of the Faith
- Grades 1, 3 and 4 study from Loyola Press’ “Finding God” series.
- Grades 5-6 use a special curriculum that you can access online.
- Grades 1 and 3 study from Contemporary English Version New Testament, a children’s translation.
- Grades 4-6 use the Good News Translation Bible (Catholic Edition).
Preparation for First Communion
- Morality: “Kids Ten Commandments” video series.
- Reconciliation and First Communion: Loyola Press’ “God’s Gifts” sacramental series.
You may download online grids and quizzes below.
For more information, call 760.607.5014